Try it yourself!
Chewy Chocolate Brownies
35g cocoa powder
150ml boiling water
55g plain chocolate, finely chopped
55g melted unsalted butter.
150ml vegetable oil
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons good-quality vanilla extract
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
170g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/170°C. Line a 12"x9" baking tin with greaseproof paper/ baking parchment, leaving about 2cm of overhang on all four sides.
2. Whisk together cocoa and boiling water in a large bowl until smooth. Add the plain chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in melted butter and oil.
3. Allow to cool slightly. whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract until combined and add to the chocolate mixture, beating until smooth.
4. Stir in the sugar. Add flour and salt and mix with rubber spatula until combined. Fold in bittersweet chocolate pieces.
3. Scrape batter into tin and bake for about 30-35 minutes. To test done-ness, tilt pan at a 45 degree angle. If the batter doesn't slide, they are ready. Invert brownies onto a cooling rack and allow to cool for two hours.
4. When the brownies are completely cool, cut into squares and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days (if they last that long!).